Sunday, June 24, 2012

Style Twin/Inspiration

So I was contacted on Twitter about doing a Celeb style twin by a sweet young lady named HollyB. She wanted me to do a post on what celebrity had a very similar style to mine. I loved the idea of this post. So much fun! Should I do it in a series? Celeb makeup taste similar to mine? Not sure...trying to really restructure this blog. Originally I would have said Kim Kardashian. We both love the big glasses and I rarely see a picture of her wearing something I don't like. Thank you Sears hehe. But then I decided to do a little more digging and research on some other celeb styles I have really noticed lately and I have decided to go with Stana Katic from one of my favorite shows Castle. It was a close run between the entire cast of Pretty Little Liars and Ms. Katic. The reason I chose Stana is because her style is so eclectic. I noticed that like myself she doesn't have one set style and I admire that. A lady should dress the way her heart and soul desires when she wakes up that day. Here are a few key outfits that Stana has worn that really stick out to me. After digging around I found a few pics! ALSO there is a contest that is being held for some fans of hers and one of my twitter followers, Amy is a contestant and I would love if you would pop over and vote for her! I'll post the link to the contest and her page below.

Okay so this outfit right here stuck out right away. I love the cargoesque pants with the neutral tank with added detail. It reminds me of a JCREW outfit with a little bit of a twist. PS If anybody knows where I can find this tank....comment below. Must have it!

Next

So apparently she wore these to an event last week in Beverly Hills. Jimmy Choo Imogen sandal. To DIE FOR! First of all I didn't even realize they came in this emerald color. I love the edginess.

And this is my case....being rested. Okay first of all....I could spot those Gucci's from a mile away. I believe they were originally released a few years ago but I think they carry a similar style now. I can't see the heel in this picture but they have been on my 'wishlist' for a good year or two. But let me get to the real reason why I selected this particular outfit to 'rest my case'. First anyone who knows me well enough knows I compare my dressing style to a mix of Blair Waldorf and Rachel Green (yes of Friends for you fans out there). This is flat out something I would wear right from the nautical Rag and Bone Blazer to the skinny jegging's. I think her eclectic and personalized style is admirable and if I had to pick one 'famous person' to compare my personal style to it would be Stana's. I simply wouldn't mind raiding her closet because I feel like I would surely find the same style in my own closet and fashion is about being yourself. Makes me wonder what Stana or even Kim K would think of my weak spot for Target Boyfriend T'S. HMMM....

And for good measure allow me to include my favorite Blair Waldorf ensemble of all time:


I have acquired quite the headband collection because of one tv character! Completely obsessed with navy! The tights will yet again be a staple in my fall and winter fashions. No lady ever went wrong with a cute and classy pair of tights.

Anywho....that's my celeb style comparison of sorts. Hope it was what HollyB requested. So here is The link to the lovely @amy_dess contest page. Do me a favor and help her get more votes. PS Ask her about the stunning blue handbag!

Amy's Contest Page

Thoughts of Navy, Headbands and eclectic style wizards always.

<3 Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment